One Last Goodbye, 2020

Ops, December is almost ending.

And nope, no Christmas, no celebration.

Here goes another year, the one and only 2020, my last twenties.

What I appreciate this year:

  • Being healthy and well-fed with food,
  • Still working and making a living.
  • A chance to try out working from home. And a second chance as well.
  • Get to meet most of my favourite people still and they are healthy too!
  • Get the funeral of grandma done before lockdown.
  • Unlock new skills as I have more time this year, like upcycling.
  • Annual leaves that I feel like applying whenever I want.
  • Setting up my new place slowly and get pre-loved items once awhile.
  • Finally understand the gist of herbs, especially basil, smell so good and I made my first pesto sauce.
  • Found a new interest: Food Lab Experiments. Though I failed a lot of times.
  • Living a totally different lifestyle with new norms, pretty cool and challenging at the same time.
  • Meatless ever since grandma passed away in Jan.
  • Attack on Titan Finale is showing this Dec! OMG, THIS IS INSANE~~~
  • And new songs from JJ, CNBlue and Ed Sheeran before 2020 ends!

Nonetheless, 2020 is not too bad if we look at the good sides.

Not everything is bad, or not?

As there is always a first time for whatever we do as long we are living. 

2020 is a good year for "first time" for the human being.

First time being threatened as a species, regardless of your status or races.

First time our country is fooled by politicians as a whole, it sucks.

First time getting nation lockdown and just stay home.

First time we learn to appreciate gathering time and freedom.

First time we treat every goodbye as one last goodbye, perhaps?

First time we do not have to attend weddingsss?

First time for us to rethink of our incomes and other oportunities.

First time no graduation for students.

And a lot more...


But seriously....

I miss travelling and meeting my friends with no concerns.

I miss flying in the sky and enjoy my flight's meal.

I miss my little nephew who is growing up so fast in Singapore.

I miss the world and sincerely pray for the best for 2021.


Hey 2020, you give us so much and we lose so much at the same time.

No matter what happens, it is time for the human to rethink what we've done.

Intelligence is not everything, but being wise and thoughtful will sustain our humanity.

Instead of being scared or careless, we really need to take Covid-19 as the greatest lesson in human history. 

It is definitely a jackpot if you make it till the end to regain your freedom.

If you don't, pray for the rest of the world ok?


Last but not least, some photos to sum up my little 2020:

Aunty Nico's legs are getting weak now.
Unable to walk much, sorry babe.

While me and 2020, trying to get some abs but well...
Maybe 2021 la.
One and only nice photo for this year, I think.
Representing my last twenties.

So goodbye, dearest 2020.
You stay safe and take care my friends.
Stay alive so that I can see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment