Hello 2023, let's Get the Job Done

My moto for working life in 2023 would be:

Get the job done. 


Simply because, other than work, it is just more work.
We started the year as usual, back to normal life.
And we had a team building with joy and fun.
I said it was a memorable experience and retreat.

We did activities and challenges, not as crazy as when I was in youth camp, 
but for an adult, this is good enough.

2023 started quite tough as one of my colleague went for maternity leaves.
Had to cover her job for 3 months, where Earth Hour, Earth Day and everything happen almost the same time.
Hmm, just had to cope, they said.
 
Earth Day and Earth Hour celebration~

Women' Day celebration by other GLC, we went to support 
and the Zumba was being recorded as Malaysia Book of Record too.
Ahaha!

1st quarter birthday celebration, it was happy and sad at the same time.
Why?

Because my bestie sister left to chase for her dream.
I was sad, but then I know coming and going, being apart from each other is just a part of life.
So I wished her all the best in her new chapter, have no regret in life!
So last day for her huh?
Decorated her space for a good farewell~

Surprises from me and the colleagues~
We made her a journal as a farewell gift, and also a video~
I swear she will be the last person I will put so much effort in for this office.
No more next time.

And of course, she was such a sweetheart too.
Thanks for the thoughtful gift and message.

Good bye desk and chair!

Last clock out, huhu~

Will miss our crazy moments and deep thought sharing once awhile.
You will be missed! 

Good bye Kim, all the best in your new chapter.
Be a big girl!

Tough time when you lose someone you can talk to without filtering much of your thoughts.
But work life goes on because everyone is replaceable. 

May and June also came without knocking my door.

World Environment Day celebration was quite a mess at first.
And have to on duty for roadshows~

Learning and don't stop learning is what we have to do as we work.
So I was lucky to be sent to attend some programs and conference this year.
Thanks for the opportunity!
Energy Asia Conference at KLCC, 
again I was back to this familiar conference hall~

Learning about energy is something I wanted to do,
but I actually do not understand much, it is quite technical and not my scope at all.
But I love the free flow of food and juice.
Good learning for me.

And then yea, August was another achievement or challenge?
I want to go to Japan myself, but apparently it remains a dream.
Being a part of this international program is also not too bad.
Let's forget about the frustrating part and remember the moment when it was completed.
yay~~~

Penang World Cleanup Day happen again this year!
This marked our achievement and sad moment too.
We will never be able to cleanup everything, but we have to start it somewhere.
So stop littering you all!

More roadshows and programs~
Always lose my voice after roadshow cause either I talk too much,
or I always have to fight with the loud speaker.
Urgh~

Marine youth camp is a fun one, I quite enjoyed the session
Me holding a something....
Starfish if I am not mistaken~

And yup, some of the projects managed by me were also completed so far.
But of course, more are coming in new year.
Nope, this will not be my flagship, sorry boss.

Good ESG exposure for the businesses~
Please join next time.


Last but not least, 
a photo with our Chairman, the CM himself!

2023 is another mixed feeling.
I love hate my job.
Who knows what is going to happen in 2024?
Well still, let's get the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment