Dog Breeds

If I can have a dog of my own, 
I pray for these breeds.

6. Norwegian Elkhound (挪威猎麋犬

5. Shiba Inu (日本材犬)

4. Golden Retriever (黄金猎犬)

3. German Shepherd (德国牧羊犬)

2. Alaskan Malamute (阿拉斯加犬)

1. Siberia Husky (哈士奇)

So, I was wrong about Husky all this time.
I thought, the grey/ brownish/ black colour Husky with coloured eyes are all Huskies.
Obviously, I was wrong.

Check the link above for details.
But the major difference would be as follow:

Basically, there are some differences between a Siberia Husky and Alaska Malamute.
First of all, is their size.
Size wise this is the Siberian Husky breed standard size range:


HEIGHT - Male 53-60 cms. (21-23.5 ins.) at withers - Female 51-56 cms. (20-22 ins.) at withers 

WEIGHT - Male 20-27 kgs. (45-60 lbs.) - Female 16-23 kgs. (35-50 lbs.) 


And this is the Alaskan Malamute breed standard size range:

Height Male 64-71cms (25-28ins); Female 58-66cms (23-26 ins) 

Weight between 38-56kgs (85-125lbs). 
Size consideration not to outweigh type 


Both are Norther breeds and belong to the Spitz breeds, 
both come from cold climates and a very dominant. 
Sibes are more HYPER than Malamutes and often far more vocal. 
They can howl for hours.
Both belong to the Working Breeds that means they need plenty of daily exercise. 
The adult dog requires 2 1/2h - 3 h. 


Something like that...
But I still think that I can't differentiate these two breeds.
Not until I have one myself.

Conclusion:
I like dogs.
I love big and handsome dogs with big paws.

Thanks to Mr. Joe E who shares his Huskies videos on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment